My background is in Gestalt psychotherapy, although my work is in many ways Integrative as I draw on various approaches in my work.
Individual therapy can offer you;
A non-judgemental, and confidential therapeutic relationship in an environment separate from your daily life
- A therapist who relates to you with integrity and respect
- Support and constructive challenge which helps you to explore difficult feelings and thoughts and discover new perspectives
- Increased awareness of how you relate to other people and situations
- Increased self-responsibility and greater understanding of how you can empower yourself to move forward
- A creative approach that enables you to find your inner resources and awaken your full potential.
Therapy appointments are for an hour and are usually weekly. I offer both short and long term therapy, depending on the needs of the individual.
Some people may only need a few sessions to find a way forward, others may decide to continue for longer. The decision about this arises through discussion between the client and myself.